All vehicles must comply with all general and safety rules. Class is open to any American made steel bodied production automobile 1960 or newer; minimum wheel base is 107.5 inches with a 1-inch variance, minimum weight with driver 2800 lbs.
1. Aftermarket factory appearing replacement body panels allowed. Aluminum allowed.
plastic nose and tail piece allowed.(tail must be enclosed)
3. Factory firewall and floor must remain intact( repair panels allowed).
4. Gutting of hoods, doors, and trunk lid and inner fender wells allowed. All doors must be welded, riveted or bolted shut. Hood and trunk must be retained with quick release pins and or clips (NO bolts ).
5. Drivers compartment must be sealed from engine compartment and trunk (or fuel cell area) with min.040 aluminum or .020 steel, NO EXCEPTION.
6. All original glass, trim, mirrors, plastic, door handles and sharp edges must be removed.
7. Radiator support may be replaced with tubing for radiator protection.
8. Interior may be enclosed, but must have fire suppression access holes top and bottom. (8-10 inch)
1. Frame or Sub-frame and front suspension must be stock for model of car except for stock upgrade to larger components on front suspension/brakes/hubs, and steel tubular upper control arms. Unibody cars must use subframe connector or structure to tie front and rear of car.
2. NO aluminum racing components.
3. One STEEL shock per wheel only.
4. Weight adjuster allowed, rear tube sub-frame allowed, min 1.75 dia. Main rails.
5. NO rack & pinion.
6. Factory style rear suspension for make and model of car only. (leaf spring, four link ect...)
1. Any and all roll cage hoops, members, and braces must be a minimum of 1 ¾ x .095 TUBING
2. Must be minimum 6(six) point cage with minimum of 3(three) horizontal door bars. Cross brace in halo or roof area required. Cross brace in main hoop required.
3. Must attach to frame, unibody cars must use minimum 6x6x ¼ steel plate at main cage mounting points and must be welded to floor.
4. Braced hoop behind fuel cell required.
5. Gussets required on main cage and driver compartment area.
6. Minimum .049 steel plate welded to outside of drivers door bars, must extend from top door bar to rocker panel, and from main hoop to five(5) inches in front of seat base
7. Cage members in driver compartment must be padded.
8. All roll cages subject to tech approval.
1. Aluminum high back seat only, must be fastened with a minimum of 4 bolts, .375 dia. Minimum.
2. Rear of seat may be mounted no further back than rear of B pillar.
3. Rearward relocation of pedals and steering allowed.
4. Compartment must be sealed from ground, drive shaft, fuel cell and engine. Drain holes allowed. All sharp edges must be removed.
5. Drivers side window net required, minimum 16”x20” ribbon or mesh style. Net mounting and
latch must be approved. Minimum side window height is 12”.
6. Break bias adjuster allowed
7. NO mirrors of any kind.
8. All bars within reach of helmet must have roll bar padding, door bar padding recommended,
steering wheel padding required.
1. Mechanical OEM pushrod type fuel pump only.
2. Fuel cell required, must be contained in 20 gauge steel container.
3. Must be securely fastened in trunk. A flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required.
4. Vent with check valve required and must extend outside of body.
5. Fuel lines must be isolated from driver compartment or run through pipe or conduit.
6. Entire fuel system must be approved.
7. Gasoline ONLY, NO additives. Racing fuel allowed, NO alcohol.
1. May use aftermarket shaft and joints.
2. NO rack and pinion.
3. Spindle savers allowed.
4. Stock column may be replaced with steel knuckles and steel shaft.
5. Steering quickeners allowed.
6. Quick release steering wheel required.
1. Any stock width (as per sub-frame/front track width) passenger car or truck allowed, grand
2. No quick change.
3. Any gear ratio allowed.
4. NO aluminum parts.
1. Stock style for make and model only, may use steel tubular control arms on four link and
aftermarket leafs and shackles on leaf spring cars.
2. No aluminum components allowed except Aluminum leaf spring blocks.
3. Must be approved by tech crew.
1. Four wheel working brakes required.
2. NO shut-off valves.
3. Brake lines must be visible.
4. Aftermarket pedals allowed.
5. Bias adjuster allowed
TRANSMISSION & DRIVESHAFT
1. Transmission must have 2 forward gears and reverse.
2. Steel Scatter shield type bellhousing required.
3. Mini clutch allowed
4. Clutch must be within bell housing.
5. Automatic transmission must use OEM case.
6. Direct drive allowed in automatic transmission only and also require approved flex plate shield.
7. Drive shaft must be painted white and have containment strap or chain no more than 7” behind transmission yolk.
8. NO aluminum drive shafts.
1. Maximum wheel width is 10”, 10.75 for bead lock.
2. Bead locks allowed.
3. Maximum tire width is 10” measured on the tread.
4. NO mud, snow, knobby or recap tires. Hoosier and American racer G60-15 allowed.
5. NO chemical softening allowed.
6. NO aluminum wheels.
7. Larger wheel studs(5/8) are required.
1. Any American made engine is allowed, must match brand of car (GM-GM, etc.).
2. ONLY stock OEM cast iron passenger vehicle block. Cylinder heads must be cast iron.
3. ANY aluminum intake manifold allowed.
4. Stud mounted rockers only, no stud girdles allowed.
5. Wet sump oiling system only
6. NO mushroom tappets, lifter bores must be stock dia. As per brand of block.
7. NO 4/7 swap camshafts.
8. No cubic inch limit
9. 4 into 1 headers only
10. Solid flat tappet cam only, NO roller camshafts.
11. Engine setback; number one plug must be no further back than spindle centerline.
12. Aftermarket racing components allowed. Aftermarket racing oil pans allowed. Accumulator
1. ANY single 4 barrel or predator allowed.
2. NO fuel injection, NO turbos, NO nitrous, NO superchargers.
1. Aftermarket ignition boxes allowed NO magneto ignitions. Absolutely NO traction control
devices of any kind allowed.
2. Battery must be gel type if mounted in driver compartment, all non-gel batteries must be mounted in enclosed battery box.
3. Battery must be securely mounted to floor or cage.
4. Main power shut off required, must be mounted on right side of driver within easy reach while
strapped in and clearly labeled “ON” and “OFF”
5. Must be approved by tech crew.
1. Aluminum radiators and water pumps allowed.
2..Radiator must be mounted in front of engine; overflow tube must be routed to bottom of car.
PROVISIONS FOR CARS OUTSIDE OF RULES
Cars with any fiberglass body parts will ad 75 lbs.
excess engine set back - 36 lbs. per inch
Illegal suspension, providing the car is approved by tech, will add 150 lbs.